Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sablle's Cross Country Report


Hey guys, My name is Sablle Scheppmann and this will be my first blog of the season. Cross Country has been going really well so far, if I do say so myself. We kicked off the season by going to Bodega Bay for our running camp. We ate at some really nice places because my coach Mark James is a HUGE LOCAL!!!

Anyways, we ran in the early morning hours and once at night. The weather was a bit muggy a couple days, but otherwise it was beautiful. This one run we did at the Bodega Head was amazing. We saw deer, and the AMAZING sunset!!! Before we left camp as, we got in a quick yoga session which was really hard because we were so sore from running. However, it was also very relaxing.

So far this season has been quite the ride. Waking up everyday and running at 7:00 am every morning is not an easy task...that is for sure!! But it keeps me and the other girls on track. By on track, I mean not becoming the typical "college kid" who wakes up at 10:00 every morning and goes to bed at 2:00. I feel like Mark and our assistant coach Chandra are really turning us into runners, whether with our hardcore nutritionist Marina or just giving us simple
things to do to improve.

Now I’ll let you in on how our first race went. Everyone was pretty happy with their first performance whether in the 20's or the 22's it did not matter. Everyone was proud to be a collegiate athlete and running for Sonoma State. Our course was pretty fast as well,
with little to no hills on it and a nice view of beautiful Golden Gate Park. Cannot wait for the next race, there should be some tough competition there just like there was at Golden Gate Park. We know the teams we want to beat this season and hopefully we will do so!

-Sablle

No comments: